How to Apply
Applications for 2021 are now open. The application deadline is 5th April 2021.
Please check your eligibility first. You are also reminded that, as this role is based in Japan, your application and its details will be transferred outside of the European Union and United Kingdom. By applying for a Fellowship, you acknowledge and agree that your information will be reviewed by Toshiba in Japan.
Here is a basic outline of the application and selection timeline for the Toshiba Fellowship Programme expected for 2021:
From November 2020
- Applicants may apply via this website. You will be required to attach 2 relevant academic papers and details of 2 referees who can be contacted to support your application need to be entered, as part of the application process. Please see below for further information required documents. You can start your application and return to complete at any time before the deadline.
5 April 2021
- Deadline for submitting completed application forms and supporting documentation.
End of April/Early May 2021
- Applicants are advised of the outcome of the assessment of application forms.
- Short-listed candidates are invited to interview.
Early July 2021
- Panel interviews for short-listed candidates take place in London.
End of July/Early August 2021
- Interview candidates are notified of the outcome.
Between October 2021 and March 2022
- Successful candidate(s) start their Toshiba Fellowship in Japan.
List of Information Needed to Submit An Application
Applicants are required to submit the following information via the online submission system on this website.
- Your personal profile
- Your most important current research work
- Your research plan for the Toshiba Fellowship Programme, and any other information you consider relevant
- Your reasons for applying for a Toshiba Fellowship, and your ideas for future work after the completion of the Fellowship
Applicants are also required to submit the following:
- Two relevant academic papers
- Details of two referees who can be contacted to support your application.