Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC), was established in 2003 as a joint venture between Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation’s industrial systems divisions.
TMEIC drives industry around the world through a comprehensive offering of unique systems solutions including variable frequency drives, motors, photovoltaic inverters and advanced automation systems for a wide range of industrial applications.
TMEIC’s committed approach to collaborative solutions development ensures every industry throughout the globe can benefit from the world’s brightest minds. As a result of this powerful combination of resources, TMEIC is positioned to develop innovative technologies, quickly respond to industry trends and apply solutions to a wide variety of industrial market segments around the world.
TMEIC’s success is directly tied to our client’s achievements. From concept to installation, our experienced team of engineers develop lasting relationships by working hand in hand with our partners to ensure challenges are met and business goals exceeded.
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Procurement Assistant/Buyer to join the Procurement team at our Stockley Park office with a minimum or 2 years’ experience.
• Prepare/issue requests for proposals, quotations, PO to suppliers in accordance to the operating procedures and ERP System
• Data input and maintaining data integrity on the system database
• Monitor suppliers’ progress and liaise with internal customers, suppliers and other departments to ensure on-time delivery and within specifications
• Work with the Manager on developing solutions to all risks and issues and dependencies related to deliveries
• Support implementation and work closely with the project team ensuring smooth delivery of projects with no negative impact on suppliers or operational activities
Skills & Experience:
• Proficient in English strong communication (written and oral) skills – Competent in another European language or Japanese is an advantage
• High level of PC literacy; all MS Office applications, including Access & Project
• Strong planning, co-ordination and organizational skills
• Knowledge of value chain management, as well as procurement and supply management principles and practices
• Ability to read Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) Drawing is an advantage
• Knowledge in an industrial / renewable sectors is an advantage
• HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering, or Manufacturing processes
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency