TMEIC Europe Limited is a joint venture between Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric with their headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TMEIC specialises in industrial electric and automation systems for industrial plants. The company develops and produces power electronics apparatus, electric motors, drives, and uninterruptible power supplies. TMEIC has worldwide operations with approximately 4250 employees.
In this role, you will develop and implement commercial and technical strategies for current and potential clients in the assigned industry segment to deliver orders to budget throughout EMEA but focussing on clients in Germany.
- Identify, establish contact and develop relationships with a network of purchase influencers within current and potential client organizations to position the Company to bid for their new opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales and business plans and strategies at key accounts.
- Create and lead the tactical plan for pursuing projects at approved accounts.
- Identify and solicit leads and referrals from current and potential client needs to maintain an active opportunity pipeline.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and thorough creation and submission of commercial and technical proposals, meeting client and business requirements.
- Effectively position the Company’s products and services as the solution to client needs.
- Build industry and client awareness of TMEIC products and services via presentations at conferences, trade shows and at client meetings.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to clients and channel partners, such as reviewing written proposals and specifications, and conduct product and service presentations.
- Lead contract negotiations as necessary.
- Travel to customer locations, both regionally and internationally, in support of sales opportunities.
- Utilize successful order closing strategies to secure orders.
- Recommend and implement risk assessment and abatement plan to meet project targets.
- Identify, resolve and communicate resolution on customer issues, escalating unresolved issues to immediate manager.
- Prepare documentation and deliver presentation to communicate contractual deliverable and expected financial results to the project to Order to Revenue (OTR) team.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of opportunities, proposals, contracts and business activities per corporate guidelines.
- Provide timely updates on sales activity, performance, integration of corporate business project processes, market trends, project status, and customer relationship issues to business unit, senior and parent company management.
- Identify and recommend new and/or enhanced products or service feature needs by soliciting feedback from clients, monitoring industry trends, and tracking the competitive environment to drive business growth.
- Track competitor’s offerings, assess client situations, and propose competitive options applicable to the customer’s individual needs.
General Employee Accountabilities
- Bring full effort to bear on tasks assigned by manager
- Give manager best advice
- Give earliest notice when work cannot be delivered as specified
- Cooperate and collaborate with peers and interact cross-organizationally as specified by manager
- Exemplify Company Core Values: Teamwork and Accountability, Integrity, Client Focus, Driving Progress
- Comply with all Company policies, practices, and procedures and all regulations and laws
- Recommend viable improvements proactively
- Ensure effective utilization of business tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent via education and/or work experience
- 5 years’ technical sales, technical customer service or application engineering experience in a commercial environment
- 2 years’ experience with power conversion, i.e. adjustable speed drives, equipment, electrical motors/generators, pumps or compressors
- Demonstrated successful and positive leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with customers, suppliers and other internal and external contacts
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation and innovative problem solving skills
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally frequently, with limited notice
- Fluency in German and English language.