About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations. Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
As the SW Project Manager, you will be supporting, advising, and facilitating the primary processes of the project management team and the associated project organization. You will coordinate activities and ensure the optimal cooperation of the various departments within the organization. You will prepare and set-up projects as well as leading the implementation thereof, within the preconditions of costs, quality, time, organisation, and communication, in such a way that the formulated project objectives are realized.
This opportunity offers the flexibility of hybrid working. The successful candidate will be comfortable commuting to the TGCS office location in Warsaw, Poland.
- Leadership. (20%)
- Identifying to professional services management about an effective and efficient process, quantitative and qualitative staffing, and deployment. In consultation with professional services management, we solve any bottlenecks by taking improvement actions.
- Responsible for the correct execution of the work of project team members by giving them guidelines and instructions, coaching, and stimulating them.
- Providing guidance and support to project members to promote collaboration.
- Ensure an optimization of the cooperation of the various departments within the organization.
- Drawing up the project plan (project definition, project objectives and a programme of requirements) and plan of approach. Obtaining approval for project documents. (10%)
- Realizing the implementation of the project plan, as well as providing periodic reports in accordance with agreed project objectives and results. (25%)
- Managing project team within the project scope. Define preconditions regarding commitment to achieving the (project) objectives.
- Project completion, testing the delivered project results against the project plan and, after achieving the desired project objectives, transferring relevant knowledge and documents to the operational departments (service, product specialists, etc.).
- Make proposals for process and product improvement with the aim of improving the quality of the delivered process and product for future projects, products, and services.
- Monitoring and promoting coherence between different and interconnected projects/products.
What you will bring to the team:
- Project management experience: Proven track record in managing software projects in an Agile environment, with experience in budgeting, scheduling, risk management, and stakeholder management.
- Technical knowledge: Deep understanding of software development methodologies and tools, as well as experience in managing complex software development projects involving multiple teams.
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership and team management: Strong leadership skills with experience in leading cross-functional teams, motivating team members, and resolving conflicts.
- Stakeholder management: Experience in managing stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and internal teams, with the ability to build strong relationships and manage expectations.
- Change management: Experience in managing changes to project scope, requirements, and timelines, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks and impacts.
- Retail industry experience: Experience working in the retail industry, with an understanding of retail operations, customer behaviour, and emerging retail technologies.
- Knowledge of the retail software including its architecture, functionalities, and technical requirements.
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform, integration cloud services with on-premise systems. Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms is a plus.
- Quality management: Experience in implementing quality management processes and standards.
- International project management: Experience in managing software projects in a global environment, with an understanding of cultural differences and communication challenges.
- Professional certification: Professional certification in project management, such as PMP, PRINCE2, or Agile, would be an advantage.
- Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.