IT and Information Security Manager (Cambridge)
We are looking to recruit an experienced IT and Information Security Manager to work across our 2 sites in the Cambridge Science Park. As well as core company functions you will support our research groups on security systems and on applications of Artificial Intelligence. You will have day-to-day responsibility for all information technology in use as well as for all aspects of information security management.
You will be expected to work 35 hours per week with core hours from 10:00 to 15:00 but you will need to ensure the provision of support across normal office hours and holiday periods in conjunction with other members of the team. You may need to occasionally work irregular hours or at weekends to respond to issues with important systems or to perform out-of-hours maintenance. You will benefit from a comprehensive set of benefits including pension contributions and medical insurance.
You will be expected to:
- work within a small-company environment while conforming to global corporate policies
- manage a very small team to deliver IT services to 2 sites on the Cambridge Science Park
- perform hands-on configuration, administration and maintenance of IT systems
- deal effectively with users with a wide range of technical abilities from basic through to highly technical research staff
- support laboratory systems operating a range of specialist hardware and software
- develop Python environments and work closely with research staff to facilitate a range of projects in the area of Artificial Intelligence
The candidate is required to:
- have proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- demonstrate good technical skills across a wide range of systems such as: firewalls, networking, email, storage, backup, telephones, Windows services, anti-malware, vulnerability scanning, Linux computing resources (including GPU resources), Linux, Sage 200 and Windows client machines and legacy systems
- have experience of provisioning and managing cloud services under strict security policies and related compliance matters
- have experience of working in a substantial corporate environment, a standards based environment or a policy-driven environment
As Information Security Manager you will report to the Information Security Executive. You will have day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of information security management at both of our Cambridge sites and their interactions with business entities at other locations, suppliers, contractors, customers etc. Responsibilities will not be limited to digital systems but extend to information in any form (e.g. on paper, known by personnel, site security etc.).
Specific responsibilities will including:
- developing local policies and procedures in line with global corporate policies, relevant legislation (including the Data Protection Act, GDPR etc.) and standards
- implementing information security policies and procedures in close collaboration with information owners
- reporting and the execution of audit functions