TMEIC Europe Limited are recruiting for a Sales Engineer based in their Bari office in Italy in the General Industry / System Business.
General Role Description
Develop and implement commercial and technical strategies for current and potential clients in the assigned industry segment to deliver orders budget
- Identify, establish contact and develop relationships with a network of purchase influencers within current and potential client organizations to position the Company to bid for their new opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales and business plans and strategies at key accounts.
- Create and lead the tactical plan for pursuing projects at approved accounts.
- Identify and solicit leads and referrals from current and potential client needs to maintain an active opportunity pipeline.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and thorough creation and submission of commercial and technical proposals, meeting client and business requirements.
- Effectively position the Company’s products and services as the solution to client needs.
- Build industry and client awareness of TMEIC products and services via presentations at conferences, trade shows and at client meetings.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to clients and channel partners, such as reviewing written proposals and specifications, and conduct product and service presentations.
- Lead contract negotiations as necessary.
- Travel to customer locations, both regionally and internationally, in support of sales opportunities.
- Utilize successful order closing strategies to secure orders.
- Recommend and implement risk assessment and abatement plan to meet project targets.
- Identify, resolve and communicate resolution on customer issues, escalating unresolved issues to immediate manager.
- Prepare documentation and deliver presentation to communicate contractual deliverable and expected financial results to the project to Order to Revenue (OTR) team.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of opportunities, proposals, contracts and business activities per corporate guidelines.
- Provide timely updates on sales activity, performance, integration of corporate business project processes, market trends, project status, and customer relationship issues to business unit, senior and parent company management.
- Identify and recommend new and/or enhanced products or service feature needs by soliciting feedback from clients, monitoring industry trends, and tracking the competitive environment to drive business growth.
- Track competitor’s offerings, assess client situations, and propose competitive options applicable to the customer’s individual needs.
General Employee Accountabilities
– Bring full effort to bear on tasks assigned by manager
– Give manager best advice
– Give earliest notice when work cannot be delivered as specified
– Cooperate and collaborate with peers and interact cross-organizationally as specified by manager
– Exemplify Company Core Values: Integrity, Client Focus, Team Orientation and Personal Commitment
– Comply with all Company policies, practices, and procedures and all regulations and laws
– Recommend viable improvements proactively
– Ensure effective utilization of business tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent via education and/or work experience
- 5 years’ technical sales, technical customer service or application engineering experience in a commercial environment
- 2 years’ experience with power conversion, i.e. adjustable speed drives, equipment, electrical motors/generators, pumps or compressors
- Demonstrated successful and positive leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with customers, suppliers and other internal and external contacts
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation and innovative problem solving skills
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally frequently, with limited notice.