TMEIC Europe Limited is a joint venture between Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric with their headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. TMEIC specialises in industrial electric and automation systems for industrial plants. The company develops and produces power electronics apparatus, electric motors, drives, and uninterruptible power supplies. TMEIC has worldwide operations with approximately 2000 employees.
TMEIC Europe Limited are recruiting a new and exciting role, Site Construction Manager. The primary role of the Site Construction Manager is to manage site related works involving construction and safety pertaining to construction and commissioning activity of the Energy Storage asset.
Responsibility and Associated Tasks / Deliverables
Ensure Compliance with Construction, Design and Management regulation (CDM)
• Understand and manage works according to CDM guidelines
• Ensure all the local service providers are meeting the requirements of CDM
Oversee the construction and commissioning activity at site
• Work closely with customer design engineers, and suppliers
• Ensure relevant interfacing aspects for construction are considered before site activities are started.
• Setup the schedule for site construction for Energy Storage in coordination with the Principal Contractor schedule
• Coordinate activities of sub suppliers and local service providers engaged with construction activities
• Coordinate, manage, and monitor the activities done by the TMEIC engineers from Japan.
• Maintain all relevant project related documents prepared for site works
• Weekly reports to Project Manager about status of site activities
Ensure Compliance with UK H&S
• Ensure compliance of UK Health and Safety (H&S) regulations for TMEIC and sub suppliers
Education / Qualification
• Electrical (Preferred) or Civil Engineering
• Must have experience in site construction of PV, Wind, Substations, or other electrical systems with a voltage level of 33kV and DC voltage up to 1000 Vdc.
• Managed site construction and safety.
• Preparing of Construction Phase Plan documentation.
• Experience in Battery Energy Storage Systems
• Ability to read and understand electrical system drawings and documents
• Ability to understand and evaluate construction drawings
• Determine potential risks, develop mitigation plans and advise management
• Construction Design Management and other safety requirements
• Ability to provide site management and understanding of site safety requirements
• Ability to prepare schedules and manage site construction schedule