About Toshiba Global Commercial Services:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations. Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
As the European Accountant, you will be responsible for executing the accounting tasks related to General Ledgers - Accounts Payables, in accordance with the fixed group accounting procedures in order to contribute to the realization of the department objectives.
This is a hybrid position, based in Neuss, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, reporting into the Netherlands.
- Oversees the sheets and controls the booking of purchase and bank transactions.
- Processes the incoming and follows up the invoice settlements within a clear timing.
- Ensures all tax transactions in consultation with the Chief Accountant, the Manager Accounting & Finance.
- Is responsible for drawing up and processing monthly balances and financial summaries.
- Maintains contacts with suppliers, customers, provides explanations upon request.
- Collects, verifies and processes all data concerning the general ledger, accounts payables & receivables, expenses reports.
- Control of purchase requests (signatures + amounts/invoices).
- Preparation, control and booking of Accounts Payables.
- Booking of bank statements, petty cash physical check and reconciliation of accounts (including J-SOX controls related).
- Monthly closing and booking of netting operations.
- Assistance for the monthly internal reporting of figures and small reports upon request.
- Assistance for annual accounts, audit and fiscal issues.
- Assistance for legal/statistics reporting (National Bank, etc.,).
- Preparation of the monthly VAT/Intrastate declaration.
- Follow up and codification of fixed assets, stock take in coordination with PSI.
- Assistance for budget session.
- Participation to HQ and European accounting projects.
What you will bring to the team:
- Proactive individual with a strong work ethic
- A can-do attitude and a team player mentality.
- Solutions-oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and German.
- Solid understanding and experience of Accounts Payable, General Accounting, VAT
- BSc Accounting and Finance (or equivalent).
- Must be comfortable travelling when required.
- Demonstrable experience working in a complex, global organisation with matrix reporting lines and multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of other European languages in a business context.
- Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.