The general overall purpose of this role is to:
- Optimize the TMEIC Europe Industrial Systems Division (both Metals and Material Handling Business Units) to meet the short and mid-term period (1 to 3 years) of the Mid-Range Plan (MRP) and the long term (3 to 7 years) strategy
- Own the full P&L for the business. Develop, maintain and continuously improve the system (structure, processes, technology, services and products) by which the business strategy and P&L are effectively fulfilled
- Build and lead a world-class team by promoting and instilling a culture of superior performance, ethical conduct, professional development, and personal learning, through effective managerial leadership.
In detail, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Formulate and execute the division vision, mission, and strategic objectives and initiatives to achieve the Company and Parent Company vision
- Monitor and investigate industry trends, the market position, competitive threats, and opportunities in the division's area of operations; assess the capabilities, products, services, and technologies
- Monitor and identify external global, regional, and local trends and issues, such as political, economic, social, technological, and legal, with potential impact on the business
- Proactively and positively promote and exemplify the TMEIC brand to internal and external contacts, and the general public
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation through systematic risk assessment and risk mitigation tools and processes
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with end user customers, OEMs, suppliers, channel partners and other business partners
- Build and sustain a world-wide executive network of contacts to influence and maintain a favorable business climate.
- Develop and manage the annual and semi-annual Business Plan to ensure orders, sales, contribution margin, base cost and income before taxes goals are achieved
- Report all aspects of the division's performance as scheduled and requested to Company and Parent Company management, including commentary and analysis, and identification of key items requiring management attention
- Build and sustain productive relationships with Company, Group Company and Parent Company contacts to ensure timely and accurate communication of issues, concerns, and requests for assistance are acknowledged and subsequently addressed.
- Guide the efforts of direct reports in the development and implementation of current and long-range objectives, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate and influence within the entire organization to secure resources and solutions to successfully execute the strategy and deliver the committed P&L
- Cooperate with Company, Parent Company and other Group Company executive leadership to develop and execute global business strategies and initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all Company and Parent Company policies, practices, and procedures, and all regulations and laws in all areas where the division operates, including safety regulations
- Plan and execute projects to aid in improving and growing the Company and Parent Company to meet goals set by the Company and Parent Company executive leadership.
In order to achieve, we believe the successful candidate will have:
BSc Electrical Engineering or other Engineering or Physical Science qualification.
Skills and Experience
- Work experience within metals or other similar hi-tech industry
- Experience in strategy development and implementation
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural team.
- Knowledge of automation systems is a plus
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal relationship capabilities
- Strong ability to motivate employees and colleagues
- Positive attitude and perseveration
- Continuously promote innovation and improvements
- Committed to integrity.
TMEIC is a JV of Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric.
Whilst the Company has main offices in Bari, Italy and London, UK, the successful candidate could be home-based in Europe but must be willing to travel both to the offices and client sites.