Bristol Research & Innovation Lab of Toshiba Europe Limited is looking for a Research Engineer in Cyber Security to join a diverse team of researchers working on various topics including IoT, AI, Wireless Communications, and PHY research. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an R&D environment with a focus on cyber security research. Rigorous technical know-how and expertise in cyber security is essential. Successful candidate will be expected to undertake state-of-the-art research in cyber security (particularly but not exclusively for wireless IoT) and develop novel prototypes or proof-of-concept studies to meet business targets and requirements.
Generating IP and research publications at high quality journals and top conferences would be highly encouraged. Successful candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with world leading researchers both through academic and industrial partnerships as well as with researchers at Toshiba R&D Centre in Japan.
- Lead the cybersecurity teams research activities
- Research, and develop new approaches in the cyber security domain for IoT and other applications
- Contribute to Toshiba’s vision of cyber physical systems
- Publishing research in leading conferences and journals
- A PhD or MSc with equivalent experience in cyber security or a related field (Post-doctoral/industrial experience is beneficial).
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in cyber security
- Strong system engineering background / experience
- Strong publication record at major conferences and journals
- Experience with statistics and machine learning methods
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- Experience of patent applications and intellectual property management is desirable but not essential
Further desirable experience and knowledge:
- Reverse engineering and vulnerability assessment
- Understanding of network protocols and communications
- Network traffic monitoring and analysis
- CISSP or equivalent qualifications
- Password cracking – e.g., Brute force attack using AWS