About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations. Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
To deliver a full range of both operational and strategic HR services for TGCS Germany, supporting and enabling the business to achieve its stated aims.
As the Human Resources Generalist, you will have two major responsibility areas: 1) Support routine HR activities ensuring all people-related matters are carried out according to local labor law / regulations / work environment / compensation & benefits, & TGCS Standards. 2) Support various Operations activities including office management and facilities management.
This opportunity offers the flexibility of hybrid working. The successful candidate will be comfortable commuting to the TGCS office location in Neuss, Germany.
Annual HR Activities – 35%
- Acts as first point of contact for all HR matters
- Employee appraisal/development assessments
- Talent management/succession planning
- Pay and bonus reviews
- Support budgeting activities
- Maintain HR data and reporting across all HR systems
- Coach and advise Managers across full HR agenda
- Work with European HR Director to ensure compliance with company core processes and policies
- Respond to requests for information and reporting
Employee Life Cycle – 25%
- Support with recruitment and onboarding
- Administration of offer letters and employment contracts to successful candidates and data entry into Global HR system.
- Arrange personal IT equipment, building access etc. for new starters
- Set up new starters on payroll and manage changes
- Arrange and monitor induction sessions and activities
- Training and Development
- Exit interviews
Pay and Benefits – 20%
- Payroll adjustments and management
- Benefits administration and third-party management i.e. pensions, insurance, medical
- Salary benchmarking
Employee Relations – 10%
- Performance management
- Absence management
- Disciplinaries and grievances
HR Projects in UK and Europe – 10%
- Lead or contribute to HR projects locally and within Europe.
What you will bring to the team:
- Held previous position of seniority in organisations of a similar profile (global, matrix) and can understand the bigger picture and overall company aim.
- Able to establish credibility and build functional accountability.
- Excellent employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Able to partner with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies.
- Has a good overall understanding of company strategic aims and finances and uses this to develop policies.
- Able to counsel senior management on appropriate best practice across all aspects of the HR agenda.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring leaders and managers, the ability to act as a role model is essential.
- Can demonstrate passion for working with people and willingness to work beyond the confines of the job description.
- Resilient with ability to problem solve and respond to changes quickly.
- Ability to operate at tactical/operational level and strategically. Able to take a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to manage, prioritise and deliver a diverse workload.
- Demonstrates a consistently proactive and flexible approach.
- Tactful, diplomatic and highly confidential approach.
- Able to take responsibility and work independently.
- Attentive to the needs of both business and employee, puts customer service at the heart of all they do.
- Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.