Toshiba Europe Ltd (TEUR) have been at the forefront of research on photonic approaches to quantum technology for the past two decades. During this time, we have made many breakthroughs in the field of quantum communications, such as record bit rates, operation over long fibres and integration with conventional optical signals in fibre networks. We have also made a leading contribution to research on the photonic devices required in current and future quantum networks. Recently we launched a business to commercialise quantum key distribution and have already deployed the technology with partners in the UK, Europe, US and Japan.
We invite applications for the post of Project Manager at the Cambridge Research Laboratory of TEUR. The successful candidate will co-ordinate R&D projects on quantum communications funded by external funding bodies, as well as contribute to the management of the Quantum Information Group in TEUR.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Monitor and track progress against the project plan
- Perform risk management of project objectives
- Manage changes to the project scope, deliverables, schedule and budget
- Internal reporting of progress and project outcomes
- Reporting to external funding bodies
- Organising meetings with collaborators and funders, as well as outreach events
- Mandatory requirements:
Proven success in managing R&D projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail
- Degree level qualification in Physics, Electronics, IT, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices, photonics and/or fibre optic systems