TMEIC Europe Limited is a joint venture between Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric with their headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TMEIC specialises in industrial electric and automation systems for industrial plants. The company develops and produces power electronics apparatus, electric motors, drives, and uninterruptible power supplies. TMEIC has worldwide operations with approximately 2000 employees.
TMEIC Europe Limited are recruiting for an exciting new role, Commissioning Engineer. The primary role of the Commissioning Engineer is to perform the overall commissioning and testing activities, and post warranty services of the equipment provided by TMEIC for the Energy Storage Systems (ESS).
Responsibility Associated Tasks / Deliverables
Commissioning of the Energy Storage system
• Commission the PCS, Battery Control system, Switchgear and Transformer amongst other equipment, This include equipment in MV and LV (AC and DC)
• Perform test of the system software and hardware to meet contractual requirements
• Maintain current safety qualifications appropriate to the assigned tasks and adhere to both Company and client safety requirements
• Troubleshoot and correct problems during the commissioning or post warranty services
• Lead the commissioning of Grid Connection activities
• Prepare, maintain and compile commission records , testing records and checklists
• Organization of spare parts, equipment and tooling for the jobs
• Provide regular reports on commissioning status
Education / Qualification
• B Tech or HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
• Engineer must have experience in commissioning and or servicing equipment electrical equipment that are connected directly to the Distribution Network (33KV and under and up to 1000 VDC).
• Ability to handle electrical equipment and the safety requirements
• Grid Connection testing and working with Distribution Network Operator (DNO) and Electricity System Operator (ESO)
• Testing and commissioning of Control and relay systems for Substations,
• Commissioning engineer of Wind, Solar or Energy Storage Plants
• Commissioning engineer for other power plants such as Waste to Energy, CCGT etc.
• Ability to read and understand electrical system drawings and documents
• Ability to prepare schedules and manage site commissioning schedule
• Trouble shooting
• Construction Design and Management and other safety requirements
• Ability to provide site management and understanding of site safety requirements
• Ability to Communicate with Customers, Colleagues and Suppliers