About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations. Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
This opportunity is based in Utrecht, Netherlands and offers the flexibility of hybrid working.
As the Senior Business Controller Benelux, you will support, advise and challenge the business to highlight any performance issues, improve long term performance and meet strategic objectives. Through mapping, analysis and data management, you will be responsible for taking corrective and preventative action, putting a plan of action in place to facilitate business optimisation.
As part of the TGCS Benelux management team, you will lead the activities of the Benelux Finance department and coordinate the activities of the European Shared Service Centre for the financial management of the business. You will enhance the cooperation and collaboration between the various departments within the organisation, supporting key decision making through positive communication and key stakeholder management.
- Follow, identify, and analyze relevant internal and external developments and translate these developments into consequences and possibilities for the organization.
- Co-responsible for the development of the strategic Finance policy.
- Translating the organizational objectives into tactical and operational Finance policy plans and is responsible for the correct implementation of these within the department.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the implementation and taking improvement actions.
- Informing and advising the board and management, both solicited and unsolicited, on finance matters.
- Responsible for an effective and efficient procedure.
- Realizing the quantitative and qualitative staffing and deployment for this purpose.
- Solving any bottlenecks by taking improvement actions.
- Responsible for the correct execution of the work of employees by giving them instructions and directions, coaching, stimulating, and correcting.
- Performing personnel management, including onboarding, developing, assessing and managing employee absenteeism.
- Advising management on financial (administrative) choices and problems.
- Providing guidance and support for personal and team development, so that employees have the right skills and competences and are enabled to perform their tasks as well as possible and to achieve the agreed results.
- Ensure the optimization of the cooperation of the various departments within the organization.
Management of financial risks and administration (40%):
- Drawing up financial planning and budgeting.
- Ultimately responsible for the annual budget, the long-term budget, the budget changes, the annual accounts / the annual report, and conducts the consultations on this in the organization.
- Mapping, analysing and managing the cash flows.
- Responsible for the financial administration.
- Proper recording and execution of administrative processes and business processes in accordance with standard methods and standards.
- Preparation of financial reports, such as monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
What you will bring to the team:
- Hands-on mentality and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communicator with ability to build effective working relationships across all business areas.
- Team player who can challenge and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Proven experience in a finance role with a strong track record of forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Commercial mindset with excellent analytical skills.
- Able to work on own initiative with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Dutch and English Language skills
- Must be comfortable commuting within the Benelux region.