About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations.
Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals. We also evaluate their long-term needs and create new processes, solutions or programs truly tuned to make their business shine today and in the future.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
At TGCS, we are re-imagining new possibilities. As the Senior Cloud and Infrastructure Solution Design Architect, you will be responsible for the development, management, and direction of our technology solutions. Reporting directly to the Head of Solution Architecture Design team, you will map the business requirements to technical requirements, finding solutions to complex problems and keeping abreast of current and emerging technologies to influence change and business transformation.
This role will evolve and mature the capability of the IT solutions that support the wider business, ensuring that they are aligned with the TGCS architectural strategy road map. This role will provide direction, with the successful candidate able to demonstrate specific knowledge in defining solution architecture; strategic planning, migration analysis and technology refresh and modernization in a cloud-based architectural environment.
Engaging directly with customers, you will exercise thought-leadership throughout the customer delivery lifecycle via proposals, presentations, workshops, POC’s, delivery and benchmark and root cause analysis. You will demonstrate contemporary, architectural thinking, showing the commercial benefits of TGCS’s solution offerings from both a technology and business perspective, presenting and choosing where solution options are required.
This is a remote/hybrid position, open to candidates based in Europe. The ideal candidate will be comfortable travelling for work. (50%)
- Work with our Project teams, clients, and sales team in a pre-sales advisory capacity.
- Provide specialized technical expertise, guidance, and recommendations within projects and programs.
- Provide contribute on planning and running the program.
- Lead technology/business discussions advising on current/future state architectural vision, roadmaps, case for change, organizational impact and migration strategy.
- Oversee implementation of scalable, high performance infrastructure solutions, leveraging cloud (IaaS and PaaS), Onprem, meeting TGCS applications offering needs.
- Adopt where applicable DEVOPS.
- Plan legacy technology transformation and migration to drive business outcomes including platforms, peripherals storage, network and security systems, middleware systems, Database and Bigdata systems.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods and toolset, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Collaborate alongside our Sales & Pre-Sales, Program/Project and Service Delivery teams.
- Obtain the appropriate technical certifications, qualifications, and skills to deliver on customer digital solutions when needed.
- Identify risks and issues associated with technology deliverables and provide technical assurance, options, and recommendations to facilitate remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Align technology to business processes and organizational changes, ensuring that the technology supports these critical activities.
- Working with stakeholders to understand business requirements, providing technical solutions aligned with business goals, technology strategy and architecture.
- Produce technical documentation and design artifacts in accordance with standards and guidelines and compliance rules.
- Work with external stakeholders to elicit integration requirements for external systems and oversee their implementation.
This is not an exhaustive list, and you may be asked to carry out other activities throughout your employment.
What you will bring to the team:
- Significant experience and understanding across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Services (GCS) solution architectures.
- Able to combine a deep understanding of business processes, industry best practices and architectural patterns to deliver great customer outcomes.
- Deep knowledge in Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions thorough common cloud-based technologies.
- Previous experience developing a Cloud Operating Model for a client.
- Previous experience with Cloud Security Solution Development.
- Existing knowledge of cloud migration methodologies, technologies, and processes.
- Understanding of Cloud Reference Architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (i.e., produce/respond to Vendor/Customer RFIs, RFPs).
- Experience in design, governance, and delivery of integrating Microsoft and Non-Microsoft platforms and/or products.
- Knowledgeable in Azure API Management, Power Platform, and Cloud Services
- Understanding of Database and Bigdata (i.e., NoSQL, MongoDB, PosgreSQL, MySQL, MS Sql Server, Oracle).
- Experience in retail, wholesale, and distribution market solutions.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery solutions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Understanding on Queuing technologies (i.e. KAFKA, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Experience with common Automation pipeline and provisioning tools and technology (Terraform, Octopus, GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- Experience and understanding of the major DEVOPS (server based) and CI/CD technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git)
- TOGAF certification (bet wishes)
- Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.