At Toshiba Europe Ltd, based in Cambridge, UK, we are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled engineer or scientist to join our experienced team working on quantum devices and systems. The successful applicant will create, test and characterise the electronic circuits and systems needed to interface with quantum photonic components, to research novel quantum imaging and communication systems.
- Electronic circuit design and test
- Electrical and optical characterisation of quantum optoelectronic systems
- Working as part of a team, and with partners in academia and industry
- Degree level qualification in Electronics, Physics, or a related discipline
- Proven ability in RF circuit design, PCB layout software, and electronics simulation.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work individually and as a team member
- Desire to acquire new skills and work with new technologies
- Knowledge of computer control programming environments, e.g., LabVIEW/Python/C++.
- Experience of FPGA development
- PhD or research experience
- Familiarity with quantum optical or laser based communication and imaging
Quantum optical systems based on emission and sensing of single photons promise guaranteed secure communications and sensitive quantum imaging. Toshiba Europe Ltd. has a proven track record in research and development of quantum devices for such systems, including the first single and entangled photon LEDs, and the first GHz operation of 1550nm single photon avalanche diodes, and are a leading developer of quantum key distribution systems.