The Europe Regional HR Manager/ Director manages regional and local human resource operations and the regional/local HR teams. As a member of the regional management team, works closely with and supports regional executives and management to create and implement regional people strategies to attract, hire, employ, train, evaluate, develop and retain the staff necessary to ensure region business success. Receives cooperative support from HQ SVP HR and HQ Subject Matter Experts of the HQ Global HR Team. The HR Regional Manager/Director will perform advanced and specialized duties in the development and implementation of human resource programs and policies in TGCS locations throughout the region. Serves as a consultant to regional and local country management on Human Resource related issues. Ensures compliance with all local labor and employment laws. Responsible for Work’s Council relations. Acts as employee champion and change agent.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 12+ years of professional experience within Human Resources in a multi country European Regional Role.
• 8+ years of experience working with employee relations, HR compliance, HR administration processes, procedures and best practices within specific region
• 6+ years of HR staff management experience including experience managing third party vendors, including global vendors, multi country payroll/HR systems & HR teams
• Working Knowledge and experience in benefits, retirement programs, compensation planning, learning and development.
• Demonstrated business acumen for managing diverse staff and regional/local third-party vendors
• Strong leadership skills including influencing, consulting and negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in English and at least one local language required
• Stakeholder management and ability to work with people at all levels
• Master’s degree in Human Resources or Related Field
• Experience utilizing consultative methodologies
• 5 years of experience in program development/project management and program implementation
• HR Experience within a Technology Company
• HR Experience with Germany, France, UK, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands
REPORTS TO: Regional Executive
MANAGES: Payroll, HRIS, Benefits, Employee Relations, and HR Administration Employees
EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Payroll, HR Vendors, Govt Agencies, Third Party Vendors
1. Oversee HR activities for the assigned region. Conduct periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with local laws and internal policies and procedures. Work internally with HQ HR, corporate tax, finance, legal and IT and other groups to address matters relating to all HR activities.
2. Implement global policies and programs or create regional and local programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. May include but not limited to the following policies and programs: employee’s codes of conduct, employment, employee relations, awards and recognition, Benefits, Retirement Programs, and performance management. Drive the roll-out and implementation of HR Programs and Policies in the assigned region. Serve as the Subject Matter Expert to the Regional staff and Managers on policies, programs and processes. Ensure assigned HR programs are in compliance with established policies and procedures. Answer non-routine requests for information on policy interpretation.
3. Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people to the region’s executive leader. Act as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues and programs. Engages with regional leaders and managers and serves as a critical and influential member of the leadership teams they support. Translates business strategy into a business specific HR approach for the region.
4. Serve as the regional contact for HR, benefit and payroll vendor relationships. Facilitate the effective regional/local integration and implementation of all payroll/HR System related vendor systems. Work with vendors to ensure that systems are built and configured to meet company needs.
5. Ensures Regional practices compliance and manage compliance with internal and external audit requirements. Maintain knowledge of all local country legal requirements and government reporting regulations to ensure compliance within these areas: payroll, government social programs, retirement and payroll tax issues for the region.
6. Respond to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Works closely with Works Councils as necessary.
7. Project management including leading project teams. Planning and overseeing implementation & user testing of HR systems system changes and enhancements & new systems implementation.
8. Select, hire, train, counsel, coach, supervise, provide guidance & direction to Regional HR team members, and conduct performance evaluations.