About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations. Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
As the Continuous Improvement Project Lead, you will lead the establishment of a continuous improvement process, tool set and culture across TGCS in Europe.
This role is a key position within the newly created European organisation structure, responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across departments and geographies.
It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of C/I methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
This is a Europe-wide role which can be remote or hybrid depending on location.
As a member of the Human Resources department, you will report into the Chief Operating Officer based in Germany.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with some travel within Europe.
- To develop and implement a continuous improvement strategy for Europe.
- To work with key business stakeholders (geo and function) to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change.
- To build a pan-European continuous improvement community, build from members of all geo and functions. To coach and support these members on learning and development.
- To identify and deliver improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- To lead and facilitate process improvement workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working.
- To take ownership of change initiatives via internal governance and controls.
- To drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions.
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on, and managed at all times.
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
What you will bring to the team:
Skills and Experience:
- Practical project and change management experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement principles and techniques (i.e. LEAN, Six Sigma etc) preferably gained within a technical business.
- Experience of process mapping an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, able to operate at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent Office 365 – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to achieve through influence alone.
- Good team player and collaborator, able to work effectively across cultures and disciplines.
- Comfortable working on own initiative.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving.
- Resilient, flexible, and self-motivated.
Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.