Job Title: IoT Systems DevOps/Linux Engineer
Location: UK, Bristol
An existing large scale IoT platform / testbed system has been developed by the Bristol Research & Innovation Laboratory of Toshiba Europe Limited and requires a duplicate pre-production environment to be setup to permit its continuous upgrade and evolution - using an intuitive deployment automation process.
The pre-production environment is essential to validate any updates and configuration changes prior to deployment on the live production platform to avoid any downtime. Hence, the mechanisms for synchronisation between the pre-production and production environments are needed.
- Extensive experience as a Platform/DevOps engineer configuring, deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters (K8s, K3s - both on-premises and AWS / EKS (cloud) environments).
- Significant experience with IaC frameworks (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Great knowledge of Linux/Unix systems engineering, architecture, and analysis.
- Working knowledge of setting up Container Registries (e.g., Harbor), Identity Access Management Frameworks (e.g., Keycloak) and HA databases (e.g., Influx / Postgres).
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking, Firewalls, VPN technologies, networking protocols such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and diagnostic tools (e.g., Wireshark, TCPDump, Nagios, traceroute, dig, nslookup, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of API management and microgateway and security frameworks for microservice architectures such as WSO2 API manager and microgateway.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD Continuous Integration practises and tools (e.g., Jenkins) and version and release control (e.g., Git).
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash).
- Understanding of security setup and configurations for Kubernetes / K3S, such as CNI options (in particular Calico, Flannel and Weave), multi-master cluster configurations, certificate updating / rotation etc.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams.
Desirable experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of all major Hypervisor Virtual solutions (e.g., Proxmox, vSphere).
- Familiarity with security process & procedures, that promote best practice security while maintaining a functional user base.
- Familiarity with Network File System management.
- Familiarity with other programming languages (e.g., Java, GoLang) and application frameworks (e.g., Spring).
- Software Development Life cycle – Agile.