Keeping personal data safe and secure is one of the greatest challenges posed by the rapid development of today’s information technology. To meet this challenge, Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) has emerged as a revolutionary technology that allows the distribution of digital keys needed for data protection with security guaranteed by the laws of quantum physics. Unlike existing technologies based on public key cryptography, QKD is future proof and is not vulnerable to technological advances in mathematics, engineering, or computing or even the realisation of a quantum computer.
Toshiba Europe Limited has pioneered the development of high speed QKD systems over the past decade, holding the record for both the highest secure key rate and longest distance on fibre. Toshiba quantum cryptography systems are deployed in secure fibre networks in the UK, mainland Europe, US and Japan.
Our new start up business with ambitious plans and selling high value products in this field is looking for a Technical Marketing Manager.
He or she will create marketing content for the company’s products, present at industry events, conferences and trade shows and develop solutions for customers.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and world leading team, supported by one of the best known companies in digital electronics and services.
- Create technical white papers, application notes, web content, product literature, presentations and videos.
- Develop and maintain demonstrators of our secure communication products and solutions.
- Support sales and marketing team with customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Promote company products and solutions at conferences and tradeshows.
- Respond to customer and partner enquiries.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and solutions to customers. Improve customer understanding of system applications.
- Research and analyze technical application trends and market opportunities. Plan and align the company products to market opportunities and customer requirements. Research and benchmark industry competitors.
- Proven track record in technical marketing of electronic products
- Successful track record of working in a customer facing role.
- Extensive knowledge of fibre optic communication and/or security systems.
- Experience of programming in C/C++ and/or scripting.
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or Business-related subject.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with many teams and individuals across the organisation.
- Knowledge and interest of quantum cryptography and/or quantum safe communications.