Bristol Research & Innovation Lab (BRIL) of Toshiba Europe Limited is looking for a Research Engineer in AI to join a diverse team of researchers working on various topics including smart IoT, Embedded AI, Cyber Security, Wireless Communications, and PHY research. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focusing on machine learning, data mining and inference techniques to develop enabling technologies for various applications including smart infrastructure and other industrial applications. Through BRIL's various collaborative projects you will have the chance to apply your proposed technologies in research prototypes and real-world systems.
Generating IP and research publications at high quality journals and top conferences would be highly encouraged. Successful candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with world leading researchers both through academic and industrial partnerships as well as with researchers at Toshiba R&D centre in Japan.
- Research, and develop new approaches in the AI/Machine Learning domain for IoT and other applications
- Contribute to Toshiba’s vision of cyber physical systems
- Publishing research in leading conferences and journals
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Electrical Engineering (or nearing completion)
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in AI/Machine learning
- Strong publication record at major conferences and journal
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid programming skills with Python (including major ML/deep learning libraries) and/or C/C++
- Experience of patent applications and intellectual property management is desirable but not essential
Salary £40k to £50k, depending on experience plus a generous benefit package will be offered. The Company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and will ensure that individuals are selected on the basis of their aptitudes, skills and abilities.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 30 October 2020