We are looking for a Windows System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Proven experience of project management and seeing projects to completion
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (Windows 10, Windows Server)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux (Centos/Re hat/Debian)