This exciting new dual role working within the business planning team will involve supporting new business in EMEA regions including analysing the business environment, and maintaining regular communication with Head Office in Japan, whilst also supporting and contributing to programs that actively engage internal audiences, translating business strategies into key messages, to develop appropriate internal communications initiatives in support of those strategies, and execute and drive programs that create excitement, drive engagement, align teams and shape culture.
- Analyse the EMEA business environment and find the appropriate actions to be taken by Toshiba Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the EMEA to improve their performance
- Support developing new business in EMEA regions
- Make proposals to the EMEA Corporate Representative and to Toshiba Corporation
- Maintain regular communication with Head Office in Japan and provide reports as necessary
- Helps create a best-in-class internal communications function across TEUR that fuels employee engagement, influences connectivity and culture, positively impacting all offices.
- Develops communication materials using a variety of tactics (written communications, Yammer content management)
- Ensures communication messaging and materials are high quality, accurate, appropriate and integrated with Toshiba Europe’s priorities and themes.
- Uses internal tools as appropriate to maximize Toshiba Europe's internal communication effectiveness and ensures consistent messaging, branding, imagery and identity.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of internal employee events as needed and appropriate.
- Manages content for the global company intranet (Yammer), ensuring that it is up-to-date, engaging, and informative.
- Implements metrics reports to measure effectiveness of internal communication channels and measures internal communications with the goal of continuously improving internal communications strategy to reach and engage employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communications skills including superior writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and develop solutions that meet the business needs of TEUR.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and consistently deliver high quality results on-time and on-budget.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven and collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups.
- Consistently demonstrates strong business acumen and judgment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to build relationships and collaborate across the broader TEUR Management team
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with partners and staff at all levels.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Conversational Japanese essential
- Fluency in English language essential
- Bachelor’s degree required– ideally in a related field, although not essential.
- Right to work in the UK, and to work from our Surrey office 2/3 days per week
- Japanese language – conversational essential, fluency preferred