Electronics Engineer for Research and Development
At Toshiba Europe Ltd, based in Cambridge, UK, we are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled electronics engineer to join us to develop circuits and control systems within an R&D environment. The successful applicant will work as part of an experienced team to create circuits to operate unique optical systems and devices including lasers, LiDAR, and quantum light emitters and detectors. The role will involve design, testing and characterisation of unique RF circuits and PCBs, which will be interfaced with optical components to create novel quantum imaging and communication systems.
· Electronic circuit design and test
· Electrical and optical characterisation of quantum optoelectronic systems
· Working as part of a team, and with partners in academia and industry
· Degree level qualification in Electronics, Physics, or a related discipline
· Proven ability in RF circuit design, PCB layout software, and electronics simulation.
· Understanding of FPGA development.
· Good communication skills
· Able to work individually and as a team member
· Desire to acquire new skills and work with new technologies
· Knowledge of computer control programming environments, e.g., LabVIEW/Python/C++.
· Practical experience of FPGA integration and programming.
· Research and development experience or PhD
· Familiarity with laser systems, optical communication, or quantum applications
Quantum optical systems based on emission and sensing of single photons promise guaranteed secure communications and sensitive quantum imaging. Toshiba Europe Ltd. has a proven track record in research and development of quantum devices for such systems, including the first single and entangled photon LEDs, and the first GHz operation of 1550nm single photon avalanche diodes, and are a leading developer of quantum key distribution systems.