Applications are invited to apply for a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) researcher role in Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. The research engineer will work within the Analogue and Digital Systems programme developing digital systems on Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) to support a number of ongoing research activities.
- The development of digital subsystems to support radio frequency (RF) projects
- Develop and implement novel algorithms in the digital domain
- Generation of intellectual property
- Dissemination of work through publication
- Work as part of a team
- A PhD degree in Electronic Engineering (or working towards completion)/li>
- Experience with FPGAs/li>
- Experience with embedded systems, Arduino etc./li>
- Programming experience with Matlab, Python or similar/li>
- Good understanding of modern lab test equipment, oscilloscopes, pattern generators etc.
- Experience with designing and producing printed circuit boards
- Knowledge of modern communication and broadcast standards
- Experience with efficient digital algorithms
- An understanding of digital pre-distortion and other PA linearization techniques
- Good communications skills
- An ability to develop novel solutions to complex problems
Salary £45k to £50k, depending on experience plus a generous benefit package will be offered. The Company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and will ensure that individuals are selected on the basis of their aptitudes, skills and abilities.