About Toshiba Global Commercial Solutions:
At Toshiba, our purpose is to create opportunities that make the retail journey you want a reality. That’s driven by our passion to give you expert guidance and the solutions you need to choose your direction, navigate obstacles, and accelerate forward to reimagine how you engage your customers in ways they’ve never seen.
The ability to innovate is the key to retail success. That’s why we invest in future technologies that enable retailers to innovate faster to keep up with continuously evolving customer expectations.
Bringing the retailer’s vision to life starts with creating the right strategy. We work with our clients to understand their requirements and then create a strategy that supports their business goals. We also evaluate their long-term needs and create new processes, solutions or programs truly tuned to make their business shine today and in the future.
As part of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you'll be an integral partner to the success of our customers. We're passionate about retail transformation and solving the problem that retailers face every day to help them create more engaging shopping experiences.
Reporting directly to the Head of Solution Architecture Design team, the Cybersecurity Solution Architect is a brand-new position in the organization. You will support and drive technical decision-making, providing technical guidance, and developing technology solutions as TGCS look to re-imagine new possibilities.
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the TGCS technology solutions, mapping business requirements to technical requirements ensuring they are in line with the TGCS security strategy roadmap.
This role will provide direction, evolving and maturing the capability of the IT solutions that support the wider business, The successful candidate able to demonstrate specific knowledge in defining solution architecture; strategic planning, migration analysis and technology refresh and modernization in a cloud-based architectural environment.
Engaging directly with customers, you will exercise thought-leadership throughout the customer delivery lifecycle via proposals, presentations, workshops, POC’s, delivery and benchmark and root cause analysis. You will demonstrate contemporary, architectural thinking, showing the commercial benefits of TGCS’s solution offerings from both a technology and business perspective, presenting and choosing where solution options are required.
This is a remote position, open to candidates based in Europe. The ideal candidate will be comfortable travelling for work. (50%)
- Develop security architecture standards and patterns.
- Stay up to date with the latest security standards and technologies ensuring security standards are incorporated into the design and build of IT systems and IT applications.
- Work with our Project teams, clients and sales team in a pre-sales advisory capacity.
- Provide specialized technical expertise, guidance, and recommendations within projects and work under the program.
- Contribute to the planning and running of the program.
- Lead technology/business discussions advising on current/future state architectural vision, roadmaps, case for change, organizational impacts, and migration strategy.
- Oversee implementation of scalable, high performance security solutions, for Cloud and On-Prem based technologies within TGCS applications offering needs.
- Plan and work on legacy technology transformation and migration projects to drive business outcomes including platforms, storage, data protection, network, and security architectures.
- Identity management, user and APIs authentication mechanisms, middleware across all systems including Database/Bigdata interfacing systems, stateless and stateful applications, digital certificates etc.
- Select and apply to solutions the appropriate design standards ensuring the enterprise and infrastructure solutions architectures will respect and encompass the security strategy including privacy and security regulations compliance (such as ISO27001, ISO27701, SOX and GDPR etc.).
- Produce technical documentation and design artifacts in accordance with standards and guidelines and compliance rules.
- Develop and maintain security architecture patterns and standards.
- Design the security architecture for new system implementations, aligned to TGCS’s enterprise architecture standards.
- Participate throughout the System Development Life Cycle to identify potential security threats and weaknesses in the design/development of the IT systems.
- Anticipate the security requirements for the initiatives on the IT Strategic roadmap, identify gaps and establish plans to address those deficiencies.
- Participate in post-incident reviews to address deficiencies in existing security patterns & standards.
- Regularly review existing security controls in high-risk systems and Disaster Recovery processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Design RBAC for systems’ access, based on the least-privilege principle.
- Collaborate alongside our Sales & Pre-Sales, Program Project, and Service Delivery teams.
- Obtain the appropriate technical certifications, qualifications, and skills to deliver on customer digital solutions when needed.
- Identify risks and issues associated with technology deliverables and provide technical assurance, options, and recommendations to facilitate remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Align technology to business processes and organizational changes, ensuring that the technology supports these critical activities.
- Work with external stakeholders to identify integration requirements for external systems and oversee their implementation.
- Working with stakeholders to understand business requirements, providing technical solutions aligned with business goals, technology strategy and architecture.
This is not an exhaustive list, and you may be asked to carry out other activities throughout your employment.
What you will bring to the team:
- Demonstrated experience in information security and / or IT Risk Management with a focus on implementing security controls.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization.
- Experience in implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, and role-based access controls.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure AD and the MS security monitoring suite (data loss prevention, etc.).
- Experience working in a DevSecOps model.
- Proven knowledge of modern API platforms and associated security configurations.
- Innovative and forward-thinking mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative and forward-thinking mindset
- Planning and organizing skills in Jira or similar systems.
- Proven skills in workshop facilitation.
- Previous experience in Security design for Public Clouds, leveraging native services where appropriate.
- Knowledge of OWASP standards for Web and API’s.
- Relevant qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Security Architect certification (e.g., SABSA or CISSP).
- Qualifications in cloud services (e.g., AWS Security Architect, AWS Solution Architect, Azure).
- Toshiba is the market leading provider of Retail Technology globally and provides competitive salaries.